What are soft skills?
Well, it is the behavior of an individual that helps in socializing well in society. It is a cluster of your individualities, conducts, attitudes and social elegances. It is the personality trait required to develop positive relationships with others. It is the need of the hour which is not realized by many.
It does not pertain to any industry. You will need them everywhere you go. It is not only about building a career but is about living. It is an investment worth making.
Are soft skills required when you have a good hold on your hard skills?
Hard skills are the technical knowledge that helps you make up a career. Undoubtedly your hard skills will help you get over the technical assessment, but softs skills will help you present those hard skills in a better way. The presentation plays an important role in the industry. In many situations, a better presentation can overcome your non-capabilities and help you win the race.
Ok let’s frame in this way – What would you prefer – a book gifted to you wrapped in a newspaper or an attractive design wrapper? The attractive wrapper is your soft skill, which persuades the opposite person to know more about you. The book is your hard skills that hold the same value, but it is the outer presentation that matters.
Nowadays, almost every industry is emphasizing on assessing the candidate’s soft skills in the employment process.
Soft skills are required at every stage of your life from the workplace to personal life. It is said, that Hard skills can get you over an interview but soft skills will help you keep the job. It doesn’t matter which industry or organization you work for; you have to deal with several people around to get your job executed from them. Good soft skills will help facilitate a more harmonious and productive workplace which will ultimately lead to job satisfaction.
Soft skills help you gain respect in society with appreciation & recognition at every stage of life.
You don’t need to learn it like the hard skills. These are just to be inculcated in your social behavior with some functional modules.
Benefits of soft skills to an Individual
- Confidence – Soft skills help you overcome your fear and rectify your imperfections which ultimately leads to better confidence.
- Great Communication– Effective Communication is one of the vital aspects of soft skills. A confident person is capable of expressing his words more confidently.
- Interpersonal Communication – A confident person able to express his emotions would always be good at maintaining social and personal relationships.
- Adaptability and Flexibility – Adapting to a new environment would never be a challenge if you are expressive and confident.
- Public Speaking – It’s not about what you say but how long you say and keep the listeners engaged. Soft skills fade away that stage fear escorting you towards becoming a great speaker.
- Etiquettes – Soft skills inculcate moral etiquettes, the basic building blocks of your career and gain you respect in the society.
Better Influencing skills – Keeping the proactive customer engaged with your intellectual conversations would be effortless once you have worked on your soft skills.
“Soft Skills cost little but are worth opening an iron door”